521 Goettingen St | Portola
Sold Price: $720,000
Property Type: Single Family Home
Property Stats: 3 Bedrooms // 2 Bathrooms // 1 Car Parking // 1,950 Square Feet
San Francisco Neighborhood: Portola
Property Details: Bright & spacious 3BR,2BA,Den(~1950 sq ft) home in the Portola District. The living rm, complete w/ a corner fireplace & new window, has a lovely vaulted ceiling. There is also a formal dining rm and updated eat-in kitchen w/gorgeous granite counter tops. The main level has 2 large BRs, a full BA(separate stall shower), and an office/den. Downstairs you will find 1 BR, 1 remodeled BA, and a living rm. The spacious garage has laundry hook-ups and ample storage space. Don’t miss the fruit trees growing in the backyard! Refinished hardwood floor on main level, new carpet on lower level & new interior/front exterior paint. Excellent location-close to schools, library, new Chinatown on San Bruno Ave, & Freeway 101! Hurry, this won’t last!
Client Story: After three tours in Iraq, Ted wanted to buy his family a home in San Francisco. A challenging price range to compete in, Red Bridge prepared our buyers for the entire financing, inspection and purchase contract process before they saw their first open home.
Here is how the purchase happened:
- Ted created a client account on sfpropertyinfo.com
- He saved a search based on his purchase parameters
- This allowed him to get real time new listing updates for properties that fit his search.
- Every morning he received an email with what properties went into contract, pending and sold based on his saved search.
- This allowed him to track and learn the market just like an agent does.
- He attended 42 open homes on his own to figure out what neighborhood he wanted to live in.
- When he found the right home, we wrote an offer and met with the agent.
- We negotiated for a property inspection—a asked for a price reduction based on the findings.
- We closed this transaction right before Christmas.
- And best of all, Ted was able to purchase this home with help from the VA, 100% financing, a reduced 30 year interest rate and a happy wife with a newborn baby boy!